Are YOU a VICTIM of a violent offence or sexual abuse?


Are YOU a VICTIM of a violent offence or sexual abuse?

Are YOU a VICTIM of a violent offence or sexual abuse?.  You could be entitled to THOUSANDS$$$$$$$$$$.  Read on to find out who is eligible and how to claim.

If you are the victim of an act of violence that occurred in NSW and suffered some injury as a direct result, you could be entitled to four types of support under the NSW Victims Support Scheme.  These include:

  1. Counselling;
  2. Financial Assistance for immediate needs;
  3. Financial Assistance for economic loss;
  4. Recognition payment


Would you benefit from talking about your experience with a qualified, professional counsellor?.  Eligible victims can receive up to 22 hours of free counselling.

Financial Assistance for immediate needs

Did you need to change your locks, move houses, call an ambulance or see urgent medical attention following an act of violence against you?.  You could be eligible for reimbursement of up to $5000.00.

Financial Assistance for economic loss

Many victims of a violence offence require ongoing medical treatment to treat both physical and psychological injuries.  You could be eligible for an additional $5000.00 to cover these costs.

While you can’t receive financial assistance to pay for a solicitor, you may be eligible to receive help with court costs such as preparing a Victim Impact Statement.

Did you need to take time off work as a direct result of the injury?.  An amount of up to $20000.00 could be available to make up for your lost wages.

Recognition payment

Under the Victims Support Scheme, victims of a violent act can apply for a recognition payment.  The recognition payment serves as an acknowledgement of the injury you have suffered.  The value of the payment depends upon the type of offence and ranges from $1500.00 to $10000.00.

Time limits apply to all applications except those relating to child Sexual assault.

How do I apply

Brazel Moore Compensation Lawyers are experienced in assisting victims of violent offences seek support under the Victims Support Scheme.  We will assist you obtain relevant documents such as Police reports, Medical reports and proof of lost wages.  We will complete and submit the application form on your behalf as well as liaise with Victims Services regarding your claim.

If you are a victim of a violent offence and think you could be eligible for financial support, call Brazel Moore Compensation Lawyers today on Freecall 1800 087 934.  We would be happy to sit down with you to assess your entitlements free of charge.  Find out where you stand.


On 20th November 2023, our office will relocate to Suites 5 & 6, Fountain Plaza, 148-158 Central Coast Highway, Erina.

Our telephone number, email address & website will remain unchanged.