Located right here on the Central Coast, our Compensation Lawyers have over 45 combined years experience in helping people who have been injured as a result of medical negligence (also referred to by many as medical malpractice) get the compensation they are entitled to. If you think that you may have a compensation claim, call now!
Suffering as a result of a medical negligence, misdiagnosis, prescription or advice? If you believe your medical practitioner acted negligently and outside their duty of care to you as a patient, we can help you claim compensation.
Is there a time limit?
Yes, claims should be lodged within 3 years from the date of injury. BUT If there are good reasons why you haven’t done so you may still be able to make a claim even if you have missed the 3 year limitation period. Contact us for further details.
What is a Medical Negligence Claim?
A medical negligence claim is a compensation claim arising out of an injury suffered as a result of negligent treatment provided by a health care practitioner.
When can a claim be made?
When a person is injured as a result of negligence of a medical professional, ie. Doctor, Dentist or Surgeon.
What type of injuries can be compensated?
- Physical Injuries
- Psychological/Psychiatric Injuries
What compensation will I be entitled to?
Depending on the nature and extent of your injuries to you may be entitled to compensation for the cost of:
- Past and future loss of wages
- Medical treatment expenses incurred
- Future medical expenses
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Personal and / or domestic assistance
- Nursing Assistance provided by agencies
- Rehabilitation Expenses
- Pharmaceutical Expenses
- The cost of home modification
- Other miscellaneous expenses, relating to the incident and your injury
Will I have to go to court?
- In most cases we can help you negotiate a settlement with the insurer outside of court.
- It is only in rare cases where there are issues relating to liability that the matter will need to be resolved by a court.